Placement Papers:: Infosys
Instructions for questions 1-5: Read following data and answer questions 1 - 5.
1. Who plays cricket?
(a) F (b) B (c) A (d) None of these
2. Which are the two players playing for the state of Karnataka?
(a) AE (b) CF (c) BC (d) None of these
3. Which sports does F play?
(a) Soccer (b) Archery (c) Hockey (d) data inadequate
4. Which of the following pair of sportsmen are each from Kerala and Karnataka?
(a)AE (b) FC (c) DF (d) None of these
5. Which of the combination of sport and state is not correct?
(a)A- Rajasthan (b) D - Karnataka (c) F-Kerala (d) None of these
6. Piya spent half of the money she had in shopping mall, from the rest she gave one Rupee to beggar. Then she ate pizza for which she spent half of the remaining money also she gave 10 rupees as tip for the waiter. Then she saw a movie for half of the remaining money n gave Rs. 30 to auto rickshaw driver. She came back with Re 1 remaining, how much money she had in the beginning.
(a) 300 (b) 400 (c) 128 (d) 290
7. How many diagonals are there in an octagon?
(a) 24 (b) 16 (c) 8 (d) 20
8. Two trains leave two stations which are 140km apart at the same time approaching towards each other on parallel tracks. Both are traveling with a constant speed of 60km/hr. If length of each train is 1/6th of a km, how much time they need to completely cross each other, after they meet.
(a) 10 seconds (b) 11seconds (c) 20 seconds (d) 5 seconds
9. There are 240 questions in a 3hr examination. Out of these 60 questions are from Mathematics. It is suggested that it takes twice as much time for a mathematics problem as for each other question. How many minutes must be spent on mathematics questions?
(a) 64 (b) 36 (c) 45 (d) 72
10. If a clock takes 5 seconds to strike 5, how many seconds it will take to strike 10.
(a) 10 (b) 5 (c) 8 (d) none of these
Instructions for questions 11-15: For each question given below, two statements numbered I & II give you certain information. You have to decide if the information given in the statements is sufficient for answering the question. Indicate your answer as:
(a) If statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question.
(b) If statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question.
(c) If data given in either statement I or II alone is sufficient
. (d) If data given in both I & II statements is not sufficient.
(e) If data in both statements together is needed.
11. In a row of 21 boys & girls, find the number of girls standing to the left of Ishita?
I - If Ishita is placed 2 places to the left then she will be 9th from right.
II - In the row every 4th child is a boy.
12. In a cycle race among A, B, C, D, E and F who came last?
I - B reached before C but not before D who reached after F but before A.
II - C reached after B & F, A reached after D who did not reach after B.
13. What is the length of diagonal of a rectangle?
I - Perimeter of rectangle is 14cm.
II - Length of the rectangle is one cm more than its width.
14. What is the distance between Kota and Ratlam?
I - Kota is 100 miles away from Nagda, .
II - Distance between Nagda and Ratlam is 80 miles.
15. What is code for "fair" in certain code language?
I - Roopa is very fair "tsze ja laai kor", Ravi is very intelligent "tza laai kor mzzzn", Ravi likes fair girls "tza ikkr htrr ja"
II - sun shinning brightly "zmm ull mpkrr", fair and lovely "marr tiy ja ", fair this that "pa ja qwe ".
Instructions for questions 16 - 20: Find the missing term in following series.
16. 3, 6, 9, 18, 27, 54, ____, 162.
17. 1, 2, 6, 24, 120, ___.
18. 5, 8, 10, 15, 17, 24, 26, 35, 37, ___.
19. , , ___.
20. 2, 11, 26, 47, 74, 107, ___.